Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bahrain -- Can I woohoooooo--Very Very Urgent
Feb 12, 2006

Dear Doctor Bob,

I live in Bahrain where i have been sex with sexworkers with condoms for the last 3 years.First 1 year i used to wear a single condom and after 6-7 woman i started using double condoms.A couple of times i found blood on the outside of condoms Later i got worried and started avoiding all vaginal sex and used to end up with protected oralsex , rubbing of genitals and finger insertion.

Only once i had unprotected oral sex with a call girl( fellatio).I then read that it is also dangerous so i got paranoid.

I have so far taken the following tests after the last exposure of unprotected oral sex.

PCR RNA ( hiv1) after 32 days

HIV Duo after 52 days

Elisa after 76,83 and 93 days.

Duo test and Elisa after 125 days

Elisa after 143 tests

Duo after 157 days

Elisa after 159 and 160 days.

PCR DNA and Western Blot after 163 days.

All are negative.

I had taken a vow never to get into this activity, but i am having anxiety as my visa medical test is within the next few days which i am postponing.If i am infected i shall be thrown out of the country and there will lot of disgrace.

Please advise if i fine and forget this misadventure.

Is there any minute possibility that i could be positive and it might turn up in the visa test.

I shall be sending my donation to your good cause.Your expertise is required on a very urgent basis.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom is used properly and does not fail.

2. Oral insertive sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission.

3. HIV tests (lots and lots and lots of them), including PCR-RNA, HIV-DUO, ELISA, PCR-DNA and Western Blots, have all been negative out to 163 days. This means you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. No, there is not even a "minute possibility" that you are HIV positive.

Thank you for your donation. Why was my expertise required on such an "urgent basis?" The only potential problem I see is that you may either become anemic or go broke from excessive testing!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Gonnarhea Lectum
Next
Help Please, Can I Woo Hoo fr Indonesia or "Late seroconverter"?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.