RE Medical Student need your help, badly

Thanks for your answer! It really helped - I have clamed down a lot now since the patients blood came back negative for Hepatitis and HIV. . .

The semi clotted blood was like a piece of fresh liver, when it hit my face it produced a "splash" I wasn't sure if some of the speckles it produced went into my eyes, I didn't feel anything went into my eyes, am I right in thinking what you meant was: since the quantity was so small, if there was any, I shouldn't really worry?

Of course I can drive myself crazy by thinking if she was in her window period, but I am not going to do that, as I said: your words are gospel to me!

Occupational health has always been bad in district hospital, I feel far too out ranked to complain, so I guess I will just have to keep quite and let it go. There is no lower life then a medical student right? ha ha (Dr. Bob know what I mean). Every time I exposed myself, people just say "you are over reacting, it happen to all of us" - I guess they are right, it comes with the job, I guess I will just have to learn to accept it.

I read someone said your exposure was "far fetched!?" I have only been in clinical setting for 3 years and I have been exposed 3 times! Trust me, accidents happens. If the person who wrote that read this: Please give us healthcare workers some respect, and esp. Dr. Bob; he is a hero who gave his life to medicine! We put our life on the line to give you better health! HIV, Hepatitis, SARS, Bird flu. . . you think it is easy to deal with that everyday? To those worry wells out there, worrying about touching some blood on the sidewalk, just remember this: many surfaces on a hospital ward probably recently had blood on it, if HIV is transmitted that easily in the environment: there will be no nurses/ doctors left! Relax!

I heard something really good that other day You can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future, easier said then done, but lets all try! Good luck and take care everyone!

Med Student. UK

Hi U.K. Med. Stud.,

Yep. I agree. You have absolutely nothing to worry about from this incident! Although I do still think you should report that district hospital to the head of your training program, I worry about what could happen to another medical student who, unlike your case, might have a significant occupational exposure.

Thanks for your kind words.

Study hard. Stay safe.

Please answer my 100th question!!
nitrile gloves as good as latex?