Will donate if you can help a worried UK girl

Hi there,

I am a 22 year old female and I am so so worried at the moment. On 16/12/05 whilst very drunk, I had unprotected vaginal and oral sex with someone I do not know. Over the course of the night we had sex 4 times. I later found out that he slept about while doing some travelling in Asia....! Over the next couple of weeks I had some pelvic pain so I pancked and went to my local clinic for some testing on the 15/1/06. They tested me for everything, including HIV. It turns out that I tested negative for HIV but I have chlamydia for which I am receiving appropriate treatment. However, now I am so worried that I have HIV as I have been reading that it takes 3 months to show up...statistically, what are the chances that I have HIV after a 4 week neg result? I have had no apparent symptoms other than what I got from the chlamydia...I am NEVER EVER going to have unprotected sex again and I will be a preacher of that message at my University and to anyone that will listen.

Many Thanks

Hello Worried UK Girl,

Four times in one night??? Hmmm . . . he must have been Italian.

The estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive vaginal sex is 10 per 10,000 exposures to a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. Your per-act risk would be less, because the status of your Mr. Testosterone is unknown. A four-week negative HIV test is encouraging, but not conclusive. You'll need a three-month test for a definitive result.

Thank you for your willingness to make a contribution to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation; however, please note that my advice here on The Body is free and available to all. Donations should be made only in the spirit of generosity and compassion and out of the desire to help others who are in desperate need. You have your response with my blessings and best wishes that your three-month test remains negative. No strings are attached.

Good luck!

Consevrative Woo Hoo- GET TESTED
Woo Hoo- I think I figured it out.