Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Doctor Bob
Feb 10, 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to follow up on a question I asked in late October which was posted on your forum on October 28 ("Just Wanted To Share My Story"). To recap, I had had two high risk exposures with a partner who later informed me that he was HIV positive. We had had unprotected insertive and receptive anal sex (I won't ask, "what was i thinking?" as clearly, I wasn't thinking at all!). I have had three HIV tests, the thirteen week test result just today, and all were negative. I'm ready to Woohoo and let out the biggest sigh of relief ever! I will get tested again at six months but feel pretty good about the results thus far.

I just wanted to say thank you to yourself in the biggest way. This site and forum has kept me sane in a very stressful period of my life. I've learned so much and hope that I can convey what I've learned to others.

I'll keep it brief, just wanted to let you know your good karma has worked and I'm sending some back to you and everyone else out there who needs it!

If you're ever in Sydney, hit me up for a beer...make that dinner!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sydney WOO-HOO-er,

G'day Mate and thanks for writing in. WOO-HOO! And congratulations! What time should I pick you up for dinner? I know a nice cozy spot on Oxford Street.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Story of hope for those who are sick and those "worried well"
Next
Worried to Death Possible Infection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.