Nobody will really help, even gp's!!!

Hi Dr Bob!!! You're such an inspiration! I'd like to send a donation but don't know how to!!! A question...I became addicted to your site after thinking I could hahve HIV. I was with my last partner until July 2005 and in November I started developing a metallic tatste in my mouth, had some ulcers , burning and geographic tongue. I convinced myself I had HIV, but I was to scared to test, until early January 2006...just over 5 months later. HIV came back negative but herpes and Chlamydia didn't. I am grateful though, but now I have slight burning feeling on the sides of my tongue, some in my throat and a whitish appearance to my tongue towards the very back into my throat. Doc said it could be thrush which prompted my anxiety again as it's related to HIV!! What I want to ask is do these sound like symptoms and can they last for nearly 3 months??? I am now also sweating a little at night, nowhere near drenching though and also have very soft stools. I should point out I have been taking Metamucil which is fibre to keep you regular. I also wanted to ask, I read a lot about a test called ELISA, I am from Oz and we don't have that hear, here they do an STD screening including a blood test...is 5 or so months considered enough time to WOOHOO witha blood test??? Sometimes I get a slight burning feeling around my lips too and I have noticed that taking Mylanta which is a stomach acid neutraliser gets rid of the burning on my tongue. Another thing, the bit just under my earlobes seem very painful....is that just a muscle or glands?? HIV or strictly paranoia??????

Please send details for donations!!!!!

Claudia

Hello Down Under Claudia,

I would consider a negative HIV "blood test" five months after your last potential exposure to be definitive and WOO-HOO-able. Your subsequent "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well and send my best to my friends in Oz.

Panty Paranoia!
Story of hope for those who are sick and those "worried well"