chance of false positive HIV screening test
Feb 4, 2006
I tested positive during an hiv screening. Less than 2 years ago I had the gastric bypass.My physician says it may be from my nutritional deficiency. What is the chances of that being the case?
Response from Dr. Frascino
If you are asking if a nutritional deficiency or gastric bypass surgery can cause a false-positive HIV test, the answer would be no; however, you could have a false-positive screening HIV test due to other factors. I always recommend a repeat test to confirm an HIV positive diagnosis.
Good luck! I'm here if you need me.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Bronchitis?
- Is Red Eyes An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.