your the best

dear dr, i posted yesterday a question about my fears and how my life has become a living hell for the past three years and how ive been self medicating with antidepressants. i really need your help i have no one to talk to. i informed you of my symptoms and my weak scared little mind.to help u track my first post, it was about the unprotected blowjob with the little irritation on the side of my penis due to friction a week before and then vaginal intercourse with a condom and ejaculated in condom. the girl was a stripper. my symptoms were tiredeness, anxiety, chills, depression, gum pain, white tongue, occasional dark spots in my inner cheeks that disappeared within 24 hours,if scratched bleed and disappear, i also feel like ther's a lump in my throat. i only feel good when im on antidepressants. ive always been the biggest worrier and paranoid guy in the world. reading about hiv symptoms on the internet has destroyed my life for the past three years. even think about suicide. i have a girlfriend that ive pushed away although i love her so much and im so worried about having given her the virus, i feel sooo guilty. im too scared to get tested. ive been checking this site every hour waiting for your response. i just found out from one of your replies that you were hiv+ and i admire and respect you so much for the work your doing, helping people. i wish all doctors were like you. your the best doc! and i wish you all the best. im still so scared of being positive and need your help with my symptoms and state of mind. doc, do you think ther will be a cure in the near future for those infected? im asking you because your in the best position to know about it before all of us. please reply to my posts doc, my contribution is on the way for the great work and support you're providing. i sincerely wish you all the best, your my hero.

renato.

Hello Renato,

Your HIV risk is minimal. Your "symptoms" are not at all worrisome; however, your "state of mind" certainly is! I strongly urge you to see a psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment of your anxiety, depression and irrational fears of HIV.

As for a cure in the near future, no, that does not appear likely. That doesn't mean I'm not optimistic about a cure someday, and certainly the sooner the better. Cure or no cure, at this point I think you have more pressing personal problems to confront and conquer. Don't delay. The help you need is readily available. Your "living hell" is self inflicted and you can leave it behind if you follow my advice.

THANK YOU FROM WORRIED WIFE AND MOTHER
Moral Support? Please