Neuralgia, Neuropathy from ARS
Feb 3, 2006
Dearest Dr. Bob, Firstly, many thanks for all your great work - how it has touched so many lives. I do hope you will give me a kind chance and answer my queries.
Early Dec, I had a much-regretted episode (oral and vaginal intercourse using a condom) with a rather suspicious-acting sex worker. Being drunk, i failed to notice much except that there were plenty of her fluids on the condom as she wiped it off after sex (i didn't even climax). I did jokingly complain to her ME money. After removing the condom she wiped my member but don't remember if its a different cloth.
Anyways post 2-weeks; I had malaise, phlegm and red itchy rashes on hands and legs. Then 2-weeks more and I had noticed pimple-like papules all over back, neck, face and limbs. Also my left lymph node on neck began to ache (throbbing pain) and enlarge a bit and had malaise again. This are totally new things to my body since the regrettable episode, hence my undying fear of HIV ARS.
Finally the skin all over my hands, legs and back begins to experience sharp sudden pain which goes away in a few seconds. Also all over my muscles in the legs and hands I experience feelings of sharp aches which goes away as quickly. Ive had this since the 4th week and am now into my 8th week I still suffer from these, EXTREMELY PAINFUL. My questions are:
1) Are the sudden sharp skin pains and muscle pains possibly related to neuralgia/neuropathy from ARS and why? Since you cant get neural diseases from sex right? 2) What do I do? The last GP I saw merely gave me Zyrtax thinking its allergies. Im thinking to what? sexual workers? Ive never had ANY allergies all my life. This pains are making it impossible to reach the 12-week for conclusive testing.
Thanks a million Doc, a donation to your most charitable cause is forthcoming. I even plan to start a donation drive, for your cause if I test negative. Otherwise will still donate just before moving away from this place Im in.
Many Thanks, Charlie
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your oral and vaginal sex was protected. Assuming the condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent.
To answer your specific questions:
1. No, because you don't have ARS. Your symptoms are most likely due to anxiety.
2. Get help for your anxiety (counseling). Take an HIV test at the three-month mark if you remain worried; however, from what you've told me, the main reason to do so would be to calm your mind and put your unwarranted fears to rest.
Thanks for the donation! (www.concertedeffort.org).
Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Interesting Facts About Chlamydia
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.