Freaking out.......How effevtive was my Condom.. .Symptoms.

Dr Bob, I found your forum while researching hiv and I find it to be very informative. You seem to be one great guy and are probably helping people more than you realize. Here is my situation. I know you have heard it many times before but I really am concened. Here goes: At the beginning of December I was on a business trip. Called an ad for a massuese from the phone book (never have done this before). She came by and started getting naked.(realized I was probably not getting a massage). I got naked as well and she started oral insertion. She used her teeth to put on the condom. The inside of her mouth never touched my penis without the condom. After a brief time giving me oral insertion she then got on top of me and we had proteceted vaginal insertion for maybe 5 minutes. (2 positions). It was very brief and i neve ejaculated. What concerns me it this. I knew that day that I had an irritation on my penis. It was not on the head or the shaft but the part inbetween. I guess it was below the rim.( the sore was not very large) It was not ozzing or bleeding just irritated. It was not from another std either. When I removed the condom I tried to be as careful as I could not to touch that area. I then proceeded to wash my hands and my penis and groin as well. I have no clue what her hiv status was, nor do I know the quality or expiration of the condom used. About 3 days later I started to feel funny, somewhat lethagic, that lasted a day or two. Then I developed stomach cramps that lasted a week. Still had an appetite, no weight loss, no diarrhea. A few days after that I developed body aches in the pectoral part of my chest, my sides below my rib cage, both musles in the upper parts of my arms, the joints in my elbows, and a little stiffness in my knee caps and thighs. My elbows actually seem to be a little red on the bottom but that comes and goes.I also started feeling a slight pain under my arm pits. Not sure if one side has a swollen lymph node that can just be from me constatly rubbing and feeling it, and pushing on it.That pain has subsided but still comes and goes. I also developed a slight pain in my groin area. Have had that before. Only lasted a few days and then dissipated as well. These pains are not deiblitating or effecting every day life they are just bothersome.I am still doing every day activities.Just concerned because they are not going away. The pains almost seem arthritic. It is now eight weeks(beginning of Feb )and I have not had any of the major symptoms as of yet....but still waiting. I have not had a fever or night sweats. I have not had a rash, sore throat, maybe a slight cough, but that too went away. The reason I am listing these is because they seem to be the most common. I read in your forum that 54% of people get mylagis (sorry for the spelling.)I know you obviously cannot diagnose through the internet, but are these the symptoms of mylagis. I have never done anything like this before and will never do it again. How long do symptoms of ARS last?, and I know average time for symptoms to begin is usually the first six weeks can they appear much later? Also, consdidering I did use a condom what is the acutal risk involved if the condom was expired and not of great quality?. I was protected the whole time. I always made sure the condom was intact. But if the condom was okay why would I be having these pains that I never had before this encounter. I am really concerned that a one time mistake can have terrible consequences. I tried to be careful. Again I am unsure of her Hiv status(remeber I thought I was gettin a massage), I used a condom the whole time, I do not believe it broke(I think I would have noticed if it did).I do not know if my sore or irritation was exposed, due to the quality or expiration time. I am really freaking out. Please respond. My nerves are getting the best of me (maybe that is what is causing all of these pains). I really can use some answer. Thank you so much in advance. Becuase you do such wonderful thing for everyone, I am sending a generous donation to your organization, as a thanks for all that you do for people. Thanks again. Looking forward to a response.

Thanks for the blow-by-blow, so to speak. Are you sure you found this masseur's ad in the phonebook? Where do you live? Las Vegas? Oh never mind. I believe your worries about an expired or poor-quality condom are unfounded. After all, if Miss Rub-a-dub can efficiently and effectively put a condom on your throbbing, bobbing Mr. Happy, using only her mouth, let's face it, she's a pro. I doubt her condoms are expired and most likely she knows a great deal about preventing STDs. Remember STDs go in both directions! So for her, they could be considered an occupational hazard!

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for HIV ARS. I agree your nerves are getting the best of you! HIV cannot pass through intact latex. No way. No how. Your "massage" was protected from start to finish. (Well, I guess you never really "finished," but you know what I mean.)

If you are worried, get tested at the three-month mark, but from what you told me so far, the only reason to do so is to put your mind at ease.

Thanks for your generous donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Continue to stay safe and you'll stay well.

Can I borrow your phonebook?

Aye Rob. wazup
I beg you