|I know you will not post this
Feb 1, 2006
Well doc, probably you are not going to post this. Because my case might prompt you to change your 'liberal' 3months window period...Lets see if you can give a ecision after reaing my case history
Well I had a prlonged unprotected oral exposure and brief protected vaginal exposure. Within weeks I had almost all classical symptoms of ARS... low grade fever, malaise, muscle pain,diarrhea, rash, gum infection... Then i had a seizure and brain lesions were detected, which had to be removed surgically (OI).
My lympsite % decreased to 25% weeks after the exposure and increased to 40 % thereafter. 400 cd4 (31%), 420 cd8 (32%) at 5 weeks. ESR 14.
Strangely viral loadd <50 , 3 elisas out to 92 days non-reactive. I do not have recurring ARS like some ppl say, but my ARS was classical in all way, It came and hit and vanished. Few docs told me to give up now, and few wants me to test till 6 months.
LETS SEE WHATS YOUR RECOMMENDATION ON THIS AND IF YOU CAN STICK TO YOUR '3 MONTHS' PERIOD FOR MY CASE. I WILL GIVE MY FOLLOW UP RESULTS AFTER 3 MORE MONTHS.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
You want me to give a "ecision after reaing" your case history regarding "prlonged" unprotected oral and brief protected vaginal exposure? OK, I will. I have three basic points to make:
1. There is nothing "strange" about your viral "loadd" being undetectable and three ELISAs out to 92 days being non-reactive. Everything adds up as statistically predicted. You had minimal risk and your repeated HIV tests confirm you are HIV negative. No surprise there!
2. You can't spell and have never learned to use the spell-check function on your computer.
3. My 3 month guideline remains intact and is supported by your case history and test results.
Tell me again why I'm not going to publish your post.
Please note: people who have sex and medical problems can have something other than HIV wrong with them. And that is exactly what's happening with you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Do Shingles Appear On The Body?
- When You Have Genital Warts Do You Have A Lot Of Them Or Just One Wart?
- What's The Best Cure For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Treatment For Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.