99% completely positive im negative but now paranoid over HIV 2

Hello Dr. Frascino, Everytime i nearly put my fear of being HIV positive behind me, i continue running into concerns. Well, i acted in low risk activity (unprotected insertive oral sex, bj a couple of times with my girlfriend) and i tested negative at 15 weeks after the last exposure. Now roughly six months afterwards, i have difficulty swallowing, sore armpits off and on, and possibly at least one swollen lymph node in my neck. since my negative result came after the three month mark, im ok, im fine. But, i continued to do more serfing around the forums and started reading about HIV 2. Ive read that HIV 2 is predominate in western and central africa. So my question deals with this. Im American, but my girlfriend is from egypt. now i dont know if my antibody test tested for hiv 2 or not but should i be concerned for testing for hiv 2? Please reply, and thanks for all your help. I have posted a donation. Thank you and take care.

Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. I would consider your 15-week negative test conclusive and definitive (despite your girlfriend being from Egypt, your not knowing if your screening test included HIV-2 and your "on and off symptoms"). I do not believe additional testing is warranted or necessary. You could contact the testing site that did your 15-week test and ask if the screening test you had included both HIV-1 and HIV-2. (Many do.) Alternatively, if you continue "running into concerns," you could retest, including HIV-2. It will be negative. It may the most efficient way to put your anxieties to rest. If, despite all of this, you continue to be consumed with irrational worry, I'd suggest you seek counseling.

Thanks for you donation!

a heartfelt thank you
Specifically to your cause....