The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

P{lease answer my test came + by recieving oral sex

Jan 29, 2006

i got my test after 4 weeks and i tested positive after recieving blowjob from a transgender and tested at the 5th week and it came out negative should i get tested again i'm afraid like hell i've been sending you questions but you never answer can i get hiv from recieving a blowjob for 10mins form a transgender i was drunk to is it possible answer me please ?????????????????? i beg you please

Response from Dr. Frascino


Oral sex, particularly insertive oral sex, carries a very low risk for potential HIV transmission.

HIV-antibody tests at four (or even five) weeks are not recommended, as tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive. That said, if I had to comment on your test results to date, I would have to assume your four-week positive test was a false positive. That assumption would be based on:

1. Extremely low transmission risk (insertive oral sex),

2. Your subsequent test was negative.

Should you test again? Yes, but not until the three-month mark. Statistically the odds you did not contract HIV from this sexcapade are astronomically in your favor. I see no reason to be "afraid like hell." Take a read through the archives. You should find the information there both enlightening and encouraging.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Transmission of HEP C through hetrosexal sex.
personal question

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint