Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I WAHOOOOOO from Ecuador Donation too
Jan 29, 2006

Hi Dr Bob thanks for all the support you give to us in all around the world with your words ,I had and unprotected vaginal sex with HIV unknown status woman (from this experience i will never be so dumb)and she has on her menstrual period exactely 83 days before or 12 weeks today i received my Elisa test 3rth generation from Abott laboratories can i wahoo Now? Donation is on the way

thanks

Frank

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Frank,

The option of additional testing is always open to you. Personally, however, I would consider a 12-week negative ELISA following one-time unprotected vaginal sex with a woman of unknown HIV status (even on her menstrual period) to be conclusively negative and WOO-HOO-able. Congrats!

Thanks for your donation. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Stay safe to stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I am so very crazy...
Next
Transmission of HEP C through hetrosexal sex.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.