Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm freakin excited!!!!!
Jan 27, 2006

You are coming to Ohio? I need to need to know some things Dr. Bob. Can the general public come to see you or what is it that you will be doing here? I will be pissed off if I don't get the chance to see or meet ya. Let me know please. One more thing, do me a favor and tell these corn eatin fools while your here that white people get this s#@t too. I was told at the health dept. yesterday that white middle class females don't get this virus, it's only black women and males with along with gay men that end up with this!!! I about s@#t my pants when I heard that. I wanted to smack the dog S@#t out of her myself.

You better write me back :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

My next trip to Ohio is scheduled for next month. Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) and I will be giving a talk at Oberlin College (one of my alma maters). It's scheduled for Tuesday, February 28 at 8 PM. I' don't know if it is open to the public or only the students and faculty on campus. You'll have to check with Oberlin College. The title of the presentation is "Life. Love. Sex. AIDS. (And other unscheduled events). A personal view of HIV/AIDS from both sides of the examination table." Four panels of the AIDS Memorial Quilt will also be on display during the presentation. I should also mention my foundation is sponsoring and AIDS awareness concert at Oberlin on Sunday February 26 at 8 PM in Warner Concert Hall. The Quilt will be on display for that event as well. The concert is free and open to the general public! Steve and I will be there, but we are not playing at this event. Rather guest concert artist Barbara Nissman will be performing works of Chopin, Liszt, Ginastera and Prokofiev.

As for the health department, I, too, find it incredulous that such blatantly false information is still being disseminated!

I'll do my best to enlighten the folks at the health department while I'm there. However, remember Ohio thought it was a good idea to vote for Bush, so obviously the judgment of the entire state is a bit whacked.

See you soon.

Dr. Bob

Previous
the new years party from hell!!!
Next
thanks!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.