the new years party from hell!!!

dear dr.Bob,

first id like to say that your forum and your positive attitude has been an inspiration to me. whenever ive felt scared or felt i had no where to turn, your responses to those going through the same fears and problems i seem to be having really has helped me inch my way through this dreaded "window period". and ive decided to dedicate a song on my bands upcoming album to you and your foundation! ill be sure to send you a meaty donation and a copy of the record whens it comes out this summer!

my problem is one you've most likely heard a thousand times before,

about 25 days ago, i had semi-protected oral sex with a female escort, meaning i used a condom, but it came off at one point and was then put back on!

now, i know the risk for unprotected oral is like .5 in 10,000 exposures, but i also had a pretty mean 3 inch long cut on my forehead, wich bled alot at first but was then cleaned with rubbing alcohol (OUCH!!) and all this happened about an hour before my "friends" decided to pay a call girl to molest me in my sleep deprived drunken rage!! this only led to my imminent paranoia, i keep thinkings of the very irrational "what if's", like what if she had blood in her saliva, and what if it came in contact with my shlong, or what if i got it on my hands and touched my head, and so on... as you can imagine, this sort of thinking is enough to drive one nuts!!!

but ive tried to think about all this rationally, and i know the only thing i can do is get checked @ 3 months, but the reason i even have worried at all is the sudden appearance of symptoms, these mixed with the fear of exposure can often stop you from thinking straight, thats why ive come to you,

the day after my exposure i began feelin a sore pain in my stomach, after about 2 days the soreness spread to my sides and lower back, it wasnt painfull per-se, but very bothersome. also, i had trouble going to the washroom as well. this lasted for about two weeks, but then immediately after it stopped i began getting overly gassy(if thats even a word!!) and have had on and off diarrhea for over a week,

these symptoms have caused a lot of anxiety and fear, and whats worse is i have all my friend and family telling me im an idiot, and its all in my head!

so thats why ive come to you for some sobering advice,

so here it is in point form;

1. based on my specific encounter and my symptoms, should i worry as much as i am?

2.is dhiarrhea an early symptom of hiv?

3.what amount of blood must be present to negate the hiv hindering effects of saliva?

4. this is kind of hypothetical, but if i where to have unprotected, blood to blood contact with a person with full blown AIDS, would i first get HIV, or would i automatically be diagnosed with AIDS?

well, seeing as this isnt my first time asking, i wont be too peeved if you dont respond seeing as my fear drenched ramblings have gone unanswered in the past, but if you can help id be very pleased indeed!

so, thanks for your time and patience, and i wish you all the best:)

I agree with your friends and family: not that you're an idiot (I'm much too polite a guy to suggest that about anyone, except for maybe Dubya!), but that it's all in your head!

Here are the specific answers to your questions:

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. This is too hypothetical to reply to. There is no specific quantity.

4. HIV.

Now stop worrying. Get tested at the three-month mark. Yell WOO-HOO. And get back to work on that album!

Good luck. (Doubt you'll need it.)

Stay well.

Wooo Hooo...
I'm freakin excited!!!!!