The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tell me to shut up and woohooooo

Jan 25, 2006

Hey doc Had unprotected insertive oral sex (with escort of course)! tested negative at two weeks and thirteen weeks. couple quick questions.

1 would smoking weed (I'm from vancouver) on a daily basis make my body not produce detectable antibodies? 2. I kinda have a sore throat, i got it a week ago, would this be a symptom of HIV? 3. Is the thirteen week test enough or should i keep testing? 4. Should I just shut up and woohooo

C'mon doc help me before canada becomes a conservative nation.


Response from Dr. Frascino


Short answer: SHUT UP AND WOO-HOO.

Long answer:

1. Reefer will not alter the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies, change the duration of the "window period" or affect HIV test results.

2. No, because you are HIV negative (negative 13 week test). Even if you hadn't tested yet, "kinda having a sore throat" would not be worrisome considering your minimal potential risk for acquiring HIV.

3. 13 weeks is plenty.

4. See "short answer" above.

So, Stony, what the hell are you canucks doing up there swinging to the right??? Will this mean Steve and I won't be able to get married there either? I'm watching the depressing voter returns as I type this response. We can only hope Harper doesn't muck Canada up the same way Dubya and his cronies have screwed things up here. Good luck and hey, don't Bogart that joint!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

need help
Can HIV Piggyback alone with other STI's

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint