Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

10 YEARS OF WORRY OVER WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO
Jan 23, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob,

WHOOOOOOHOOOOO! First off, let me say I have always had anxiety over having symptoms of HIV disease. The icing on the cake was approximately 10 years ago I had reason to believe I might have contracted it. I am ashamed to admit over these past 10 years I could not muster up the courage to get tested. I get yearly physicals an my doctor's have all told me I am in "immaculate health". I was still crumbling deep down inside, thinkning my life was over. Everyone in my life (doctors, friends, you name it)kept nagging me to just get tested and get it over with because eventually I would find out. I spent countless hours on the interenet looking up symptoms; throught all the tears and heartache, I stumbled on this site! You are such an incredible inspiration and I cannot tell you how much you have helped me; and we have never even met. I would love to meet you some day! We have family in the San Fran area, I would love to see you! I just wanted to share my whoooohooo ( I got the news that I am negative yesterday) with you and thank you from the very bottom of my heart for everything you continue to do for both worry wells and those living with HIV. My love and prayers will always be with you!

Kindest regards, 10-year-delayed X-filer

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Ten years of buildup before your WOO-HOO??? Isn't that carrying "foreplay" to the extreme? Well, we'll dust off your X-File membership form and welcome you with open arms. Hey, how about that? You waited so long to join you get reduced membership fees because of a senior discount!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
drinking of sperm
Next
How do we know?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.