Thank you

I must begin with an apology to you and everyone living with HIV. Not only am I childish and irresponsible, I am ignorant as well. I wrote a few months ago when I thought (convinced myself) that I exposed myself to HIV. I was a mess and stated to you that I was seriously considering suicide. At the time I recently discovered your website and was unaware the you are living with HIV. It was not my intention to imply that life is not worth living if you have HIV. My thoughts were with my two small children and how could I have put myself in this situation. Believe it or not, I am an excellent Father who made a mistake. In addition, I am even more Mother to them than my wife which I suppose is probably the deep seeded reason I did what I did along with me being downright selfish. We definitely have marital issues that need to be resolved one way or another. Be that as it may, I love my children dearly and the thought of not being there for them was devastating to me.

Well, I took a Home Access test at 13 weeks (Oct. 1 Dec. 31) in which the results were negative. I seemingly had many of the symptoms. My throat seemed like it was sore for two months. When I read that my glands were supposed to be swollen, my armpits would not stop hurting. Ive had a constant cold (that coincided with my allergies and the sickness that was going around) and thought I had to be HIV positive. The skin on my arms was burning up at times. It was awful. But in addition to my apology I want to thank you and anyone who wrote to your website for giving me hope (as if I deserved it). Even if to me hope was slim, I still had an outlet to go and educate myself. Thank you everyone for that. My lessons learned is not to play Russian roulette with your life and not to take the people you love (and love you) for granted. Everyone try to stay strong and be well. And thank you Dr. Bob for the great advice and education you provide.

Thank you for your heartfelt comments. I hope that with your newfound insights into the world of HIV/AIDS, you will not forget the lessons you've learned or ignore the plight of the 40 million people struggling daily with the challenges of coexisting with the virus. Personally dodging the HIV bullet is good news; helping others who were less fortunate would be even better. Getting involved in AIDS awareness, prevention and treatment is an effective way to make your "thank you" tangible.

Ignorance and HIV
Woo hoo luck of the irish