Answer- Please post

Dr. Bob, Your on- line support during this last week has been wonderful! I have posted many times lots of rambles starting with all the specifics of my unsafe sex, then the fear, then the thank yous, all of it what we all seem to do. I found out this evening that my partner is negative - he is my only exposure. I still can't quite believe but it's true. The thing is that I feel I must take some action. My state South Carolina has counties with HIV + populations that are extremely high- our capital ranks #7 metro area in the country! Yet I hear nothing about this anywhere- it seems we are sticking our heads in the sand. I am traveling now but expect that I will contact local media and see what kind of noise I can make. If you have any suggestions about how I might go about helping please let me know. I just can't believe that so many people- mostly minorities are perhaps not aware of the very large very real danger at home... in the rural south, striking those already in poverty. I plan to contact as many folks as I can to find out why we don't have more attention, assistance and help. Most of all thank you Dr.Bob- you have all my prayers- good karma and thanks. Please tell them to test and to be safe.

Congratulations on your partner's negative test!

As for taking action to snap people out of their AIDS apathy, I think your approach is fine contact the local media, talk to friends and family, get them involved and MAKE NOISE! You can use the links on this site to get all the background information (and then some) that you need.

From your "many posts, lots of rambles starting with all the specifics of your unsafe sex, then the fear, then the thank-yous . . . ," you already know how to be detailed and persistent. So apply those same tactics to send a message of AIDS awareness!

Thanks for your thanks, prayers, good karma and, most of all, NOISE!

Stay well.

TO ALL HUMANKIND
Ignorance and HIV