Puh-Leaseeee reply - worried well in a hell

Hello Dr.Bob, I kissed a girl in a night club during october 2003 and she gave me a couple of hickeys as well. I knew that kissing is not considered a risk of HIV. so never worried about it. 12 weeks since that day, I had flu like symptoms. I saw a doctor and he said I had strep throat ad gave me some pencillin and I was fine in 4 days. Fortunately, I've been healthy since then. About a month ago, I developed some rashes on my back and swelling of a lymph node under my right arm. It was hurting for about 3 days and not after that, but it's swollen still and the rashes gradually are healing. I also have night sweats once in a while. Now, I'm deeply worried that I might have contracted HIV from that girl in the club.

My Question: when I had strep throat, the doctor used a Q-tip kind of thing and rubbed it agaist my thraot and saved it. I thought he might test the kind of virus or something. Do doctors usually test for HIV as well in such a scenario. if yes, then I dont have the virus, as the doctor didn't get back to me. what would the doctor have actually tested. Dr. Bob, Please answer my question. I'm having my fingers crossed hoping that you'll reply.

I'll be donating the best possible sum to your organization soon.

You're worried about a nightclub kiss from October 2003??? Dude, it is seriously time for you to reprioritize your worry list.

Regarding your specific question, why are you asking me what your doctor tested you for??? I'm a physician, not a clairvoyant! Don't you think it would be more efficient, not to mention more accurate, to ask your doctor what test he did? If I had to guess, since it was assumed you had Strep throat, I would logically guess he used the "Q-tip kind of thing" to do a Strep throat test. No, a Strep throat test does not test for HIV. That's an entirely different test.

Can you assume you don't have HIV? Yes, you can, but not because of the throat swab test. Rather, you can assume you don't have HIV, because a kiss with or without the hickeys is not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission.

Hope that helps. It's the best I can offer.

exposure.
ATTACK OF THE TREMORS!