Pin hole and Fingered stripper
Jan 17, 2006
Dr. Bob - appreciate your work.
I had pin hole for blood test and after about 24 hours later fingered a stripper. Two Questions: 1. Would 24 hours be sufficient time to have allowed that tiny pin prick to fully heal where you would consider to skin to be intact? 2. Any reason to test based on this scenario?
I have read a similar question but the waiting time there was 3 days. Please help. I am worried sick. I am about donate to your site. Thanks again,
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Pin pricks heal quickly. I would strongly doubt "letting your fingers do the walking" 24 hours later could be considered a significant risk.
2. I do not feel testing is warranted, based on such minimal-to-negligible risk; however, the option of testing is always open to you.
Thanks for considering making a donation to help others in desperate need.
Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Well Am I Protected From Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- Regular Blood Testing Picks Up Some Abnormalities Caused By Hiv
- What Is The Percentage Of People Who Have Hiv Symptoms?
- How Many Times Do You Have To Have Sex With That Person To Get Hiv?
- Is A Burning Feeling A Sign Of Hiv?
- Chances Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.