The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Please answer me.

Jan 16, 2006

hey Doc a donation of $200 will be sent.

I wanna thank you for your time spending giving opinions and suggestion for people having concerns about HIV. I hade sex with a prostitute a week ago. while having sex i used a condom, but the problem was that the condom cracked. After the condom cracked I immediately stoped sex and went to the toilet and kind of peed and washed my penis. My question is what is my risk of geting inffected and what percent of definitivety would you give for a test after 25 days of having sex?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your HIV risk is minimal, due to such brief exposure. The worst case scenario would place your estimated risk equal to unprotected insertive vaginal sex with an HIV-positive partner. This estimated per-episode risk for HIV acquisition is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Consequently your estimated risk would be considerably lower due to the brief exposure and the fact we do not know the HIV status of your hooker. Regarding testing, HIV-antibody testing prior to three months is not considered definitive or conclusive. Therefore there is no "percent of definitivety" for a 25-day test.

Thank you for your donation ( Good luck on your three-month test! Check the expiration date on your condoms and remember to use generous amounts of water-based lubricant to decrease the chance of condom failure in the future!

Dr. Bob

An WOOHOO needs approval
No Q, just a big thank you!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint