Hi Dr Bob.

Happy New Year Dr Bob. Im a long time reader, second time letter writer. Just wanted to wish you everything wonderful for 2006 as the world is a much better place with you in it. Also, did you come over to Australia yet? If you havent and you need a tour guide, it would be my absolute honour to show you around my home town of Bondi and shout you a cocktail or 7!!!!! Just shoot me an email anytime. Anyway, I hope you are happy and healthy. Love Miss Ali from Oz.

Hey Aussie-Gal (Miss Ali from Oz),

Happy New Year to you and all my Oz friends surfing at Bondi Beach (where I was taught to surf many years ago!). My trip to Oz was postponed due to family health problems. My brother in Boston has been struggling with lung and brain cancer, and more recently my mom in New York was diagnosed with breast cancer. Consequently I've been spending as much time as possible with my family, helping out in whatever way I can. But, I do plan to get to Oz in the not-to-distant future.

Stay well. I miss the sound of Kookaburras!

AGAIN::PLEASE REPLY THIS TIME
thanks