tests for HSV and HIV?

Hello Doc, I have read posts in this forum and another forum and I have one question about tests for HSV and HIV. Some mentions HSV test by checking antibodies using western block and/or Elisa others. But I also read that western block and/or Elisa is also used to check antibodies for HIV. If someone is HSV positive then western block and/or Elisa test would also indicate HIV positive? How do those tests tell the difference between HSV and HIV antibodies? thanks ** where do I send the donation? I think what you are doing is really great **

HSV (herpes simplex virus) and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are two different viruses. ELISAs and Western Blots are lab testing techniques. You can use these testing techniques to check for the presence of specific antibodies. An HIV ELISA would not detect anti-HSV antibodies.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

HIV Infection Process
Misinformed, Angry