Its a Meth story not a question...

A story I will mention only because of the recent methamphetamine alarm that is sounding within the HIV community. I am a straght(though sexually liberal-minded,that is to say Im no homophobe) 41 yo HIV+ male. We've been married for 6 years now,very happily I will add. My story is more for a shrink I think than our readers here at the body.But some WILL relate... However,prior to meeting my wife in the 1990 to 1997 period I hung with the wrong crowd and meth use was a common occurence(smoked and sniffed-NEVER injected. ONLY while under the influence of speed I would experience a severe a state of hypersexuality...I have had sex with men 15-20 times probably...ALWAYS and ONLY when I was on speed-----Anyone doing this? Im sure it's how I became positive.Although there was a girl I was screwing before I swore off the drugs and sex(a day too late) whose sexual escapades were equivelant to a prostitute to put it mildly.I'm sure she was bringing other mens semen into my bed.Gruesome huh?I had no Idea... Anyway,beside the point.Whenever I would smoke this evil poison that is speed I would go out with an obsession for sex.It flat out would turn me into a bi-sexual.The next day I would be disgusted that the night before I was on meth and had sex with some guy.The drug would make it an obsession to pursue this kinky diversion. I would bring them home and perform orally on them as well as recieve anal sex.(I would never get an erection)And never think about sex with men now that Ive grown up and stopped doing stupid sh** like drugs. Isnt this a bizarre(I know it's a common occurrence if I experienced it) story or is this the reason recently that meth articles are popping up in the gay community? OH BIG P.S. Condoms were ALWAYS used when I would receive anal sex...And I enjoyed it. but it would always gross me out the next day.--Im not a homophobic at all and just liberal/open minded enough to have let these notions/desires in I guess.-But,as I said it was only while under the influence of methamphetamine... My own analysis of it tells me I have a Bi bone in my body somewhere...but in a natural state Im not geared to act on it, I have always sexually only wanted women.Except...on speed----- Whattaya make of that chemical reaction?lol Take care Bob-

Yep, if you had 20 episodes of receptive oral and anal sex "and enjoyed it," I'd definitely say you have at least a "bi-bone" in your body, and probably much more than that. Drugs and alcohol lower inhibitions and allow folks to act out desires they may otherwise keep suppressed. I agree your story is more for a shrink. Talking with one may help you come to grips with your sexual orientation and the discrepancies of your sexual desires and behaviors on versus off meth.

I agree with your decision to stay away from meth, even if I don't believe your sexual activity was a chemical reaction.

Stay safe!

I Hate Walmart!
Boyfriend & Autofellatio