ARS or Anxiety Symptoms? Another attempt.

Thanks so much for your forum. The archives have helped me tremendously from an anxiety standpoint. One month ago I had a protected vaginal encounter with a prostitute. At the end of the encounter I found that the condom had fallen off.

I definitely ejaculated in the condom, but am not sure how long the condom was off, or should I say, how many thrusts, if any, I made with it off.

I have never done anything like this and I have never had so much guilt/anxiety in my life. After 3 days of possible exposure, I began having night sweats. They continued for 5 nights. I decided to go to the gym to relieve some stress, and have not had the night sweats since.

I have developed what appears to be a cold, but of course when you're in the window period it seems like everything is an HIV symptom. Because of you, I know the 5 in 10,000 odds for vaginal intercourse for a male, if in fact my partner was infected, which obviously has made me feel a little better.

I have also seen my Dr. and received something to help me with my anxiety until I can be tested at the three month mark.

My questions for you are about the night sweats. Are night sweats a common symptom of ARS or would they generally come once HIV is full blown? If they are a possible ARS symptom, would they come within 72 hours? Could major anxiety actually cause night sweats? All of my other blood tests have came back normal.

Thank you so much for the help that you give to people. I could never have imagined what people go through when they have HIV, and would have never imagined the anxiety waiting to find out could cause. Reading your responses has at least made me functional. I honestly wasn't for about ten days.

I hope I can get through 2 more months. Please send good luck kharma. Your foundation will be one I donate to annually.

Your estimated risk for acquiring HIV would be significantly less than 5 in 10,000, because we do not know the status of your partner and your exposure time would have been quite brief.

Night sweats per se are not a common ARS symptom. However, fever is common and sweating can accompany a fever. That said, please note ARS symptoms do not occur within 72 hours. The odds of your having a negative definitive HIV test three months from the potential exposure remain astronomically in your favor. OK? Try not to worry. I'm sending my best good-luck karma via FedEx. They promise it will be there by 10 AM tomorrow, OK?

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Together our concerted efforts can and will help to turn the tide of this pandemic.

appendicitis and hiv
HIV Antibodies