appendicitis and hiv

Dr Bob,

Thanks for this forum as is has helped ease my paaranoia and pain. I'll make it short and sweet. Back in July 1 I attended a bachelor party and had a one time insertive vaginal episode with a woman i suspect may be HIV +. I used a condom and dont remember it broke. When we were done i even filled it with water and it looked like a balloon 156 Days later (december 3) I tested negative via Elisa/EIA. just two days ago (Jan 1, 2006) i went to the ER with stomach pain and was diagnosed with appendicitis. My WBC count was @ 18. I am freacking out because I read that hiv+ people are 4 times as likely to get appendicitis than others. My doctor says there are not linked at all and that appendicitis is not a sympton of hiv. He told me I already tested negattive and there is no need to retest. Your insight is greatly appreciated. donation coming for anything that will make me smile!!!! Going crazy Cincinnati boy

Hello Cincinnati-Boy,

Having spent four years in Cincinnati in the 1970s, I would guess that the City's famous chili is more related to your bout of appendicitis than HIV. Relax, Dude. Your negative six-month HIV test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. Additional HIV testing is not warranted.

Now, I have a question for you. Your post states, "When we were done I even filled it with water and it looked like a balloon 156 days later . . . ." either you forgot a period in that sentence or your testing period for your used condoms is way over the top.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Now stop worrying about an illness you could not possibly have, OK?

Stay safe. Stay well. Eat chili.

Tory Dent
ARS or Anxiety Symptoms? Another attempt.