|7TH time asking a ?
Jan 8, 2006
How you goin Dr Bob? Have a Happy New Year from SYDNEY Australia Just a quick question an answer would be immensly appreciated (7thtime)! I had a low risk exposure inserting of unprotected/ uncircumsized penis into vagina(doggystyle)for 5-7seconds and no penetration ejaculation occured outside of vagina with a female of unknown status 2 1/2 days later I came down with a flu like illness which lasted 2 days in total very high fever, sweating, weak, cold chills, sore throat congested nose, sore achey muscles etc I tested negative for HIV, chlamidya and gonnorhea at 2MONTHS my question is as follows: My immune system is extremely good due to this fact is it possible that having a good immune system will delay the production of antibodies in the blood? or would it be the other way around having a good immune sytem would produce antibodies more rapidly to fight the virus? especially after two months because to my knowledge after going through seroconversion (getting all the symptoms) people produce a detectable amount of antibodies am I correctemundo ? the Doctor said my exposure did not even warrant a HIV test due to the fact it was low risk and that the 2month test was very accurate whats your opinion? I believe this is a logical question Dr Bob and would benefit alot of people if they read an answer to a question like this!especialy with an answer from a expert! what would be the best way to donate to your foundation? thanks in advance and keep up the tremendous work you do! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL WHOM ARE CLOSE TO YOU
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hey Aussie from Sydney,
You think "a lot of people" would benefit from a response to your specific question? Why just how many spunky Aussie dudes have ridden this little filly unprotected doggy-style for five-seven seconds anyway? Oh never mind, let's proceed directly to your specific questions:
1. Will a good (or even "extremely good") immune system delay the production of anti-HIV antibodies if infected? Nope!
2. Will a good (or even "extremely good") immune system more rapidly produce anti-HIV antibodies if infected? Nope.
3. "Correctemundo." If someone goes through HIV "seroconversion" they would have detectable anti-HIV antibody levels in the blood (by definition). However just having "all the symptoms" doesn't mean someone is going through HIV seroconversion as these symptoms are very non-specific and therefore can be related to many causes other than HIV.
4. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive.
5. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
Stay well, Sydney Guy. That means eat your vegemite and use latex condoms!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.