Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

4 Month of despair,dr.Bob help me,please!!!
Jan 8, 2006

Many greetings and all the best in the new year 2006!!!Sorry for my bad english,Im from the Czech republic..Im desperate since september,when my physical troubles started.In August I had an unprotected vaginal sex with a woman,whose hiv status I dont know..3 days afterwards I got a stomachache and flatulency feelings,was tired and somehow nervous,then I had a painful uloncus infamation for ca.a week,all the time persisted stomach and belly cramps.Some weeks later headache and slight fever,I just didnt recognize my body..After 10 weeks from the intercourse I realized I had a little bit swollen glands in armpits(painful),groins and belly.I had some little nightsweats as well and lost on weight a bit in the first month.Now theyve been persisting for almost 10 weeks.I feel really strange,I was done tests for hepatitis,cmv,hbv,chlamydia,syfilis and other common diseases,all negative,which didnt comfort me at all,cause I still feel bad.I also got tested for HIV in the 6.,8.,12.,15. and 17.week-4 month after the exposure-all negative.Im still very nervous and unsure,what can bother me so much..Just to add-my new girlfriend has similar problems,since we are together.I started the relationship,because I was assured by docs in Prague,it can t be hiv or other serious ilness in my case,but now when she also has these problems¡,Im very scared and afraid!!!!Dr.Bob,is there a chance by so many symptoms lasting for so long to be without the antibody response?Im just so scared I could have endangered my new girlfriend too,but the hiv docs in Prague told me,by so many tests out to 4 month,i can be sure,i can forget about hiv and it can just be another virus,that bothers the body so long.What do you think,please??Do I need to retest??I cant sleep,how im desperate.Many regards from the Czech republic

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Czech-Guy,

Your English is much better than my Czech. I quite like the word "flatulency."

I absolutely agree with your HIV docs in Prague. Your six negative HIV tests out to four months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No further HIV testing is warranted.

You report being "very nervous . . . very scared and afraid . . . desperate . . . ." These are symptoms of anxiety. I recommend you get some counseling for your irrational HIV fears and stop chasing after and worrying about a disease you definitely do not have!

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
oral sex std
Next
Desperate and on verge of suicide.resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.