4 Month of despair,dr.Bob help me,please!!!

Many greetings and all the best in the new year 2006!!!Sorry for my bad english,Im from the Czech republic..Im desperate since september,when my physical troubles started.In August I had an unprotected vaginal sex with a woman,whose hiv status I dont know..3 days afterwards I got a stomachache and flatulency feelings,was tired and somehow nervous,then I had a painful uloncus infamation for ca.a week,all the time persisted stomach and belly cramps.Some weeks later headache and slight fever,I just didnt recognize my body..After 10 weeks from the intercourse I realized I had a little bit swollen glands in armpits(painful),groins and belly.I had some little nightsweats as well and lost on weight a bit in the first month.Now theyve been persisting for almost 10 weeks.I feel really strange,I was done tests for hepatitis,cmv,hbv,chlamydia,syfilis and other common diseases,all negative,which didnt comfort me at all,cause I still feel bad.I also got tested for HIV in the 6.,8.,12.,15. and 17.week-4 month after the exposure-all negative.Im still very nervous and unsure,what can bother me so much..Just to add-my new girlfriend has similar problems,since we are together.I started the relationship,because I was assured by docs in Prague,it can t be hiv or other serious ilness in my case,but now when she also has these problems¡,Im very scared and afraid!!!!Dr.Bob,is there a chance by so many symptoms lasting for so long to be without the antibody response?Im just so scared I could have endangered my new girlfriend too,but the hiv docs in Prague told me,by so many tests out to 4 month,i can be sure,i can forget about hiv and it can just be another virus,that bothers the body so long.What do you think,please??Do I need to retest??I cant sleep,how im desperate.Many regards from the Czech republic

Hello Czech-Guy,

Your English is much better than my Czech. I quite like the word "flatulency."

I absolutely agree with your HIV docs in Prague. Your six negative HIV tests out to four months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No further HIV testing is warranted.

You report being "very nervous . . . very scared and afraid . . . desperate . . . ." These are symptoms of anxiety. I recommend you get some counseling for your irrational HIV fears and stop chasing after and worrying about a disease you definitely do not have!

Good luck!

oral sex std
Desperate and on verge of suicide.resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum