Resubmitted from......P.S Happy New Year

Hey Doc. First off Happy New Year, and all the best in 2006. I am a Immunology student from Canada, and I had a risky exposure during New Year's Eve. I went to a bar to have a couple of drinks. One of my friend who sat beside me bit his tongue from eating the food. He was bleeding!. From that moment on, for the rest of the night, I only ate food that he didn't touch with his fork. But I am concerned that now, what if when he bit his tongue the blood particles squirted out and mixed with air got in my eye, or if it went in my drink and the foods and I ate it? Or what if my friend's blood and any pathogens "crawled" on the table to my cutlery? or if his tissue with blood on it touched my fork? Please answer.....my friend's think that I need a counselling in 2006. Would you warrant HIV testing?

Sincerely, Future Immunologist

Hello Future Immunologist,

Let me get this straight. You're worried that your friend's blood might have pathogens that "crawled" on the table and on to your cutlery??? Is that correct??? And because of this, you wonder if you should be HIV tested???? Oh my, my, my.

Your friend's unfortunate tongue bite on New Year's Eve did not place you at any risk whatsoever for HIV, which, by the way, does not "crawl," hop, skip or boogie-woogie across table tops! HIV testing? No, absolutely not. Counseling? Yes, absofrickinlutely yes!

stressful mom-surgeon: blood dust !
oral sex std