Scared: UPDATE

Hello Dr. Bob,

I wrote to you earlier today w/ "scared" in the subject line. I wrote how I am scared and confused because of a chronic cough w/ mucus production along w/ thrush and symptoms of rosacea.

Well, I spent all morning reading your responses and I built up enough courage to go get tested. I took the Oral rapid test and I am negative! Woohoo!

One more question, (which is feeding my OCD), I have read about false positives but what about false negatives? Can a test result in a negative if it is not administered properly? Should I follow up w/ a blood test?

Thank you so much for helping me build the courage to finally get tested. I will make a donation in the near future, I promise!

I'm delighted you found the courage to get tested after reading through the archives of this forum. I sincerely hope others follow your lead.

Regarding rapid HIV tests, a negative test performed outside the window period is considered definitive. Only "positive" rapid tests need confirmation by standard serology. Bottom line: the only thing you have to do now is yell WOO-HOO!!!

Thank you for your donation! What a wonderful way to start the New Year, helping others who are less fortunate. BRAVO! (www.concertedeffort.org)

masterbation
Dr. Bob is wrong. Mr. Looney Tunes has been angered ;-)