Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral in Steam Room
Jan 3, 2006

Ok, I am married and am now freaking out. I was at the gym the other day and while in the steam room ended up getting a hand job from the guy beside me and then oral from the guy in front of me. How much of a risk have i put myself into? I am scared to think and don't want to go back to the gym. I have found out it is a very gay gym and all kinds of things go on there.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You went to the gym and while in the steam room the dude beside you spanked your monkey and then dude in front of you sucked your one-eyed monster, and subsequently you found out this is a very gay gym???? Wow, what a shocker it must have been to find that out!!! Hmmm . . . didn't that thought cross your mind while you were being manhandled, swallowed and basically pulled simultaneously in more directions than a Prince Albert at an S&M party??? OK, let's just say you may not have a very keen sense for the obvious and we'll move on to your questions about HIV risk. Overall it's very low. Masturbation is not considered a risk for HIV transmission and insertive oral sex carries a very low risk at best. If you remain worried, HIV testing is always an option available to you. However, wait for at least the three-month mark so that your results will be definitive and conclusive.

Now, just because I know many of the readers of this forum will ask, I have a question for you: exactly where is this gym???

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Archives
Next
A Very Relieved Woo Hoo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.