The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

After 4 Years Please Dr Bob please help me

Jan 1, 2006

Hello Dr Bob merry and merry Christmas to you and Steve, even though you would not believe or know it you are a true Engle sent from the above god bless you and I so sorry about my English. Thank you very much for the work you doing. My situation goes like this I have had unprotected sex for two months with some one from sub east Africa. After ending this two months relationship I went back to my wife continue to have unprotected sex. To make the story short may GP told me to come clean with my wife and Get HIV test done. Both of did the test I did 4 months after the relationship ended and 3 and months both came back negative. The problems are after 4 years I started developing seborrhea dermatitis and my wife been told she has got IRON deficiency. Please Dr Bob do you think on I am on the clear or not yet please help me.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, from an HIV perspective, I do believe you are in the clear. Your negative HIV tests are definitive, in my opinion. If you remain worried, the option of repeat testing is always available to you; however, personally, I do not feel it is needed. Both seborrhea and iron deficiency are extremely common medical conditions. The vast majority of cases of both have absolutely nothing to do with HIV disease. I see no cause for concern.

Stay well. Be well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

crying alot over dumb crap. wrote u alot DR
Are people exaggerating?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint