Stress making this guy turn red living in a Blue state..!..

Dr. Bob,

I made big mistakes 8 or nine weeks ago when I saw a few 'sex workers'. (that was the last exposure, there was one ten weeks ago, and another woman about 12 weeks ago). I know, this practice was not smart. Hope to learn and get a 'second' chance but think have HIV for sure. Had latex protected (unless they were broke and I wasnt aware) sex a few times (vaginal with a woman) and one receiving oral not protected for about 30 seconds (same woman) until I pulled back. Other than that, some tongue kisses (about four). Stressing out since day 1 and had these symptoms: a week after the last exposure had white lines on each side of cheek that ENT said is not thrush but lukaplaquia (sorry about the spelling)but hasnt gone away yet, even though he said it is common and hard to treat. Have had on and off pain (burning/or feeling of heaviness) in armpits, groin and neck, although the nodes werent swollen per the Doctors. Had some sore throat and dry mouth from week one until today. Generally feel like have a malaise throughout but since about four days ago woke up with tingling/burning throughout my body. (arms, legs, back, feet a littlesometimes I feel pinches and when I touch things, pretty significant. Hasnt gone away. I read something from you about 2-3 years ago (I will copy and paste below) and wondering if you still stand by thatthat is not related to HIV at allor is really a symptom. I read somewhere else it is. Yes, I am stressed and scared to test again (I tested negative and two and four week mark although I know that is only maybe very slightly encouraging). I am completely scared and stressed but I dont think this tingling came on when I woke up in the morning all of a sudden..I have been stressed SO MUCH for nine weeks or so..and there was no tingling/numbness..this is why I think have it. Your thoughts and advice. (I know it will entail hand in for a few more weeks and test again, but wondering if it really might be negative after-all. Thanks for all your help, and a donation is forthcomingwhat is the site address..?? OK, thanks again, and it looks like may FINALLY have an impeachable offense for GW BushHim spying on Americans comes as no surpriseIf possible can you make an exception and just send to e-mail for privacy..if not, that's OK, posting is OK..Thanks, Bill

Posting in 2002 You are absolutely correct in assuming that "tingling" is a classic symptom for stress/anxiety and not at all related to HIV. I'm glad you are getting help dealing with your fears. I think you are well on your way to rationally conquering your irrational fears. Keep smiling and sign on anytime. A smile a day keeps the tingles away.

Hello Bill,

My response to the question you found in the archives would apply to you as well. You may "think you have HIV for sure," but I do not. Your exposure risk was minimal at best. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV ARS and your two- and four-week negative tests are very encouraging, although not completely definitive.

My advice:

1. Retest at the three-month mark to calm your fears.

2. Stop worrying.

3. Impeach Dubya.

Donation information for my foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well. Nol.

Dr Bob is a great man!
Oraquick off the shelves???