$100 Donation for a Straight Answer

Dr. Bob:

I hope you been off for a well deserved few days off. We missed the lapse in yoru answers.

You answered part of my question already only because I was incomplete. I've tried other sources and received conflicting information so if you can spare a scared guy a few more minutes of your valuable time I'd appreciate it and gladly donate again to your foundation.

SYMPTOMS: I've been experiencing symptoms since Dec 9, 4 weeks to the day from my potential exposure. My symptoms include, congestion, cough, 4 days of low grade fever, headache as well as achniess under my arms, neck but predominantly in my groin. I had a flue shot a few weeks earlier. I know you can't relie on symptoms but they are difficult to ignore when you are scared you have been exposed.

I tested negative 2 weeks after the exposure to eliminate any previous encounters as being the source. Any previous sexual activity was at least 3 months prior to that negative test.

EXPOSURE: I had an encounter with a prostitute who I felt was on crack based on her body language, speach and even taste of her skin. She also had a bad cough and congestion coupled with a runny nose. I should have paid and left at that point but I wasn't thinking with the right head.

We ligthly kissed, and unfortunaltey I accidentially kissed her nose twice, sucked her breasts and she sat on my lap wearing very thin panties and me in my boxers with the barn door open. She sat on my lap and we ground for a bit. My penis may have come in contact with her panties during this. Eventually I stood over her and masturbated on her while she played with herself on the couch. My biggest concern is that when I sat on the couch after dressing to tie my sneakers, I placed my msall pinky finger into a glob of wet semen. I pick my fingers quite a bit my small finger had digs in it from my nervous habit. Based on where we were positioned on the couch I don't beleive it was my semen. What are my risks if it was left over from another customer sometime before me or what if it came out of her from a previously unprotected encounter. What are my risks for any of the potential exposures mentioned above?? How long can HIV continue to live and pose a danger in wet semen?

My risk coupled with my symptoms have me looking for an answer and yours typically are staright forward although laced with your welcomed humor. Dr Bob please don't sugar coat it but give it to me straight.

Happy Holidays and keep up the great work both here and your Foundation.

Anxiously awaiting your wisdom.

Welcome back to the Forum. You want a straight answer from the gay guy? OK, I'll try.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is minimal to nonexistent . . . (and leaning much more heavily toward the nonexistent side of that range).

HIV doesn't survive very long outside the body. The exact amount of time depends on many factors amount of semen, viral load, ambient environment, etc. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV ARS.

To sum up, your risk is essentially nonexistent; your symptoms are not consistent with HIV and your negative HIV test at two weeks is not definitive. Taking all this into consideration, I'd say your HIV worries are unwarranted.

Thanks for your donations to my foundation, and I hope you'll at least let me sugar coat my appreciation by saying you have my heartfelt thanks on behalf of the many lives who will be touched by your generosity. (www.concertedeffort.org)

Happy Thankschristkwanzaakah.

Possible HIV Transmission With Protected Sex and Unprotected Masturbation?
Seeking your Wisdom