Groin Pain

Another one of the worried sick category looking for hope I'm afriad. Actually, bear with me to the end as there is a question that I can't find any answer for. I had unprotected sex with a female co worker 5 and a half months ago. Had a 'flu like' illness that started 4 days after the incident and lasted two weeks, then blood in my stools about 2 months later and a rash on my chest about a month later. Had a test here in the UK at 4 and a half months which was negative (also tested for loads of other STD's and hepatits). Then caught a bad flu just after the test (everyone in the office had it). This lasted a week or so but since then I have had lots of pain in the groin area. It usually lasts a day or two, then goes away for a few days and then returns. Each time it returns it seems worse than before. I have my six months test in a few weeks and, being one of those people who have convinced myself I have HIV, I'v not visited my doctor about the groin pain as I'm sure the test centre will tell me I have HIV and that's the reason for the pain. However, is groin pain (no swelling) a symptom ? Should I go to my doctor before my HIV test in two weeks ? Is there anything I should be aware of that would matter if I waited until after the HIV test (if it's negative, I will go to my own doctor about the groin pain).

Your help would be very much appreciated.

from Worried in the UK

I'm not aware of any research that describes groin pain as a commonly seen symptom of HIV infection. Your groin pain could be related to something completely different that might need medical attention. Try to see a doctor about it, regardless of what your HIV test result is.

what are the risks of...
cut myself?