Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Frottage - low risk or no risk ?
Dec 27, 2005

Hi Doctor,

Just witnessing the first Gay Weddings here in Scotland today so if you and Steve are up for it I'd gladly walk you down the aisle. All "kilted up" of course !!

Doc. I have a big worry going on... almost a month ago I slept with a call girl. Unfortunately not much sleeping went on and I am pretty scared to say the least. We had unprotected frottage and mutual masturbation. During the frottage the tip of my Mr. Happy may have brushed against her vagina and she definately was not dry... I had no visible cuts on my penis but what would you say the chances would be of contracting the virus from such an exposure...? Let's say that she was HIV positive, which obviously I don't know for sure.

Also, this week I have been feeling a bit down and tomorrow will be 4 weeks since the big night. I haven't been sick but have just felt not 100%. yesterday morning I awoke with a large red rash on the inside of my upper arm but after an hour or two it was gone - would that happen with an HIV associated rash ?

Thanks Dr. Bob and don't forget that offer - although the kilt would have to be worn as a "true" Scotsman would !!!

Have a great Christmas and a healthy and happy 2006

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Frottage and mutual masturbation are not considered significant risks for HIV transmission. Consequently, I'd say your risk was negligible to nonexistent. Yes, there can always be extenuating circumstances. So if you feel you placed yourself at risk for HIV, get tested at the three-month mark. If nothing else, it will offer peace of mind. Your "rash" is not consistent with an HIV ARS rash. And overall, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Speaking of worries, however, if Steve and I did get all "kilted up" in the "true" Scotsman way for a wedding in Scotland, I would be incredibly worried about a "tilt in my kilt" by the time we made it down the aisle! (Maybe that's why Italians don't wear them?)

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob People are so uneducated
Next
Just Donated

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.