Dr. Bob People are so uneducated

Hello Dr. Bob

I am current college student and a few weeks ago one of my classmates had to give an informative speech, which he chose HIV/AIDS as his topic. I constantly read your website and feel I know so much more about HIV/AIDS than anyone around me. I was once a WW. During his speech, all of his information was incorrect. He explained how oral sex is a high risk for HIV and people are always getting hiv from oral sex. He also informed the class that deep french kissing has a risk of contracting the disease. I was furious and wanted to scream out during his presentation. I just hope that people can learn more about HIV/AIDS, because right now people are very uneducated about it.

Stay Well Dr. Bob

Gosh, if college students are uneducated, can you just imagine the level of misinformation in those who never made it out of high school or worse yet, were home schooled???

Perhaps you'll have an opportunity to give your own "informative speech" in that class. You could present scientific factual HIV information and make the other guy regret that fact he only consulted Fox News and the Vatican in preparing his talk.

Rather than getting "furious" about inaccurate HIV prevention/transmission information, get involved and spread the truth!

Is KS a symptom of HIV or AIDS?
Frottage - low risk or no risk ?