Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob People are so uneducated
Dec 27, 2005

Hello Dr. Bob

I am current college student and a few weeks ago one of my classmates had to give an informative speech, which he chose HIV/AIDS as his topic. I constantly read your website and feel I know so much more about HIV/AIDS than anyone around me. I was once a WW. During his speech, all of his information was incorrect. He explained how oral sex is a high risk for HIV and people are always getting hiv from oral sex. He also informed the class that deep french kissing has a risk of contracting the disease. I was furious and wanted to scream out during his presentation. I just hope that people can learn more about HIV/AIDS, because right now people are very uneducated about it.

Stay Well Dr. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Gosh, if college students are uneducated, can you just imagine the level of misinformation in those who never made it out of high school or worse yet, were home schooled???

Perhaps you'll have an opportunity to give your own "informative speech" in that class. You could present scientific factual HIV information and make the other guy regret that fact he only consulted Fox News and the Vatican in preparing his talk.

Rather than getting "furious" about inaccurate HIV prevention/transmission information, get involved and spread the truth!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is KS a symptom of HIV or AIDS?
Next
Frottage - low risk or no risk ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.