Is KS a symptom of HIV or AIDS?
Dec 27, 2005
Can a person with HIV develop KS, or does KS develop only in AIDS patients? Or do we not know enough about it yet to answer this question?
(As per my promise, I did not submit my other question again) ...thanks...
Response from Dr. Frascino
Kaposi sarcoma is an AIDS-defining opportunistic process when it occurs in those who are HIV positive. In other words, when an HIV-positive person develops a Kaposi lesion, he then qualifies for and AIDS diagnosis. Hope that helps clarify the situation.
By the way, what promise? And what other question?
You're welcome! Happy Holidays.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.