General Practitioner

Hi Doc-

How reasonable is to expect my GP to suspect or determine HIV? I've had many labs done over the years including TSH levels. Thanks

How "reasonable" is it? I'd say completely unreasonable! Listen up: TSH levels have nothing to do with HIV (other than they both have an "H" in them) and general practitioners are not mind readers! You are the one who needs to be reasonable, even if that means fessing up to your doc that you've had unsafe sex with that cross-dressing transgendered lesbian Mormon midget Republican with the webbed feet. OK? If you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV, ask for an STD screen and HIV antibody test. Remember HIV tests done prior to three months from your last potential exposure, be it the midget or someone else, are not considered to be definitive.

Good luck! Stay well. Happy Festivus!

love ya and happy holidays!
why don't you marry STEVE in England?