Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I Wahoo? I don't know?
Dec 21, 2005

Hi Doctor Bob,

Hope all is well with you. 15 weeks ago I had protected sex with a stripper in Vegas but the condom broke. I have been scared crapless since. At 13 weeks I had an HIV test performed and it came back negative, however, just in the past two days I have developed a very sore throat with lots of brown phlegm where I cannot swallow but it is better now. Any chance this could be late ARS? I do not have a temperature. Also since the encounter 15 weeks ago I have only had protected oral sex perforemd on me. Any chance that my symptoms are related to these incidents. Am I in the clear now Doc? Please help - I have supported your foundation in the past and will do so again

Anxious Aussie

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Anxious Aussie,

Late ARS? No. I would consider your 13-week negative HIV test to be "WOO-HOO-able."

Stay safe. Stay well. Review proper condom technique and remember "lubrication is your friend." OK?

Happy Holidays Downunder,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can an ELISA give a false negative if I've been infected for years?
Next
wow

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.