Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hello, and thank you!
Dec 21, 2005

First of all, I wanna say thank you!!!, you iluminated my darkest hour. you are a saint!!!. Second I would like you to answer these little questions:

1. How long do you think, do we have to wait until someone find a vaccine or a cure for HIV?

2. Do you believe it is possible for someone on earth to get HIV and never develop into AIDS?

3. Who is your favorite band/singer?

4. The last one and the most important. I had a very disordered sexual life this year, and I had some sex with prostitutes, I had a test 9 weeks after the, what I guess, is the latest high risk exposure to HIV and it was negative. That night, 9 weeks ago, I met a girl, we party all night and with too much alcohol in our bodies we begun to kiss each other, each kiss more than 5 minutes with our tongues inside others throat...(not that deep, but it was deep!)...I put my fingers inside her "love canal" and suck her tits, maybe this last for about two hours, but in the end we didnt have sex. I know it is not a very high risk,but I dont know why I am still worry about that day. Please help me...give me and advice!

PD. Besides my mother you are my best friend, doesnt matter if you dont answer this, but please read it, I will feel your good karma incoming!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. This is not a little question. I suggest you check out the PBS documentary that is airing this month on TV. It's entitled "Ending AIDS: The Search for a Vaccine." It's excellent and narrated by Richard Gere! If you'd rather read than watch TV, I'd suggest the book "Shots in the Dark: The Wayward Search for an AIDS Vaccine" by Jon Cohen. It's the book that inspired the PBS documentary.

2. I certainly hope so! Time will tell.

3. That's a tie between Edith Piaf and Barbra Streisand. I'm gay, remember?

4. I don't see a question attached to your comments. I absolutely agree with your assessment that your activities are "not a very high risk." In fact, I'd say the risk was essentially nil!

Besides your mother, I'm your best friend??? Dude, that's a bit sad. But nonetheless, I will indeed send some good karma, although I strongly doubt you'll need it as far as HIV is concerned.

Now stop worrying and get out there and make some new friends, OK?

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Am i still a virgin?
Next
Thanks to Len

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.