College boy gone wild - oh no!!! I'm donating,but where to?
Dec 19, 2005
Ok, so maybe not WILD... but wild enouh to cause fear into my pretty little head. Ok, so heres the situation:
19. Male and in college. I think of myself as very educated in safe sex now that i've found this site, but i haven't always been. I've given unprotected oral to other guys before (really stupid) and i've had sex but with a condom. My question regarding these incidences is this... I've tested negative numerous times, but i was told that i need to test for at least 5 more years. I thought that was pretty random, but i don't know what to think. Out of fear of catching anything, i've limited my sexual encounters to only mutual masturbation. My question regarding mutual masturbation is... Is it safe? What if someone touches their penis first and gets a little precum on their hands and then touches my penis? Also, what if you masturbate with your underwear on? It doesn't sound that fun, but it's the only thing that i can accept right now. Would precum be able to get through a pair of sexy underwear and infect me? These questions have been killing me, i really hope that you respond. Oh and by the way, i haven't decided where i'm going to donate but for Christmas i'm donating 50 to cancer research and 50 to HIV/AIDS research. I really think that one day a cure will come - once we all come together of course and stop fighting over a stupid war.
Thanks for everything ;)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Ah, ME!
You are correct! You absolutely do not qualify for the "College Boy Gone Wild" moniker.
Now on to your mild-rather-than-wild questions:
1. Need to test out to 5 years???? What??? Where did you read that? On some rightwing sex-phobic evangelist's Web site? You certainly didn't get that nonsense from this, or any other reputable, HIV information Web site! Your HIV risk protected "sex," unprotected oral is minimal at best. A single negative HIV-antibody test three months from your last possible exposure is all that's needed for a definitive and conclusive result, in my opinion.
2. Yes, mutual masturbation is safe. It is not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission.
3. HIV in infected precum cannot permeate across intact skin.
4. Masturbating with your underwear on??? I agree "it doesn't sound that fun." The biggest risk here is a friction burn and/or spunking up your tighty whities.
5. Would precum be able to get through a pair of sexy underwear??? Hmmm . . . how sexy? Do you have pics? Oh never mind. No, precum would not get through even the sexiest 2xist undies!
Finally, you are only 19. Your chances of going from mild to wild are still quite high. You can do this safely if you understand and practice safer sex techniques. Spend some time reviewing that information that is readily available in the archives of this forum and on it's related links.
Good luck. Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
- Syphilis And Joint And Muscle Aches
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.