Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

life has become hell sir---a must read
Dec 19, 2005

hi doc bob,

First of all, thanks a lot to you for the kind of support you have given to the humanity by your selfless and divine acts. sir,i am a classic example of AIDS phobia,as i am always scared of getting infected by HIV --in buses,in bathroom,on roads,in hotels and so on.one month back i went to a hospital to get my treatment for my fever.I had taken my own disposable syringe for taking the injection.I saw that the nurse there changed the needle with another one which was lying in a crate.when i resisted she told that this is a thinner one and injected me.after half an hour of that i got this gut feeling that she might have injected me with a contaminated needle.i went through your website and started PEP and today i am on the 26th day of the treatment.but this is not the end.meanwhile on the 15th day of starting PEP i went to another doctor to get the injection for fever(possibly typhoid).the doctor told me to sit aside and asked his nurse to bring the injection.then he called me and injected me.thanks to my already mad mind i am getting this feeling that this time also i was injected with a contaminated needle.

sir,i have to ask two things: 1.suppose the earlier exposure was real,and the second one is also real,should i go for another 15 days of PEP? 2.suppose the earlier exposure was not real and the second one is real,whether it is worth going for another 15 days of PEP?

i believe that i sound lunatic,but sir,please help me.

thank you,sir

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'll be brief. Thanks for your thanks, but yes, you do "sound lunatic!"

No one is trying to infect you with HIV. Consequently, I'm not going to suppose anything other than the fact that you need professional counseling to address your AIDS phobia and related irrational fears. I do not believe you should have taken PEP. Period. Get the help you need (psychological), not HIV drugs (PEP) that you don't!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob...Please Answer!
Next
will die of fear of symptoms,not of HIV!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.