life has become hell sir---a must read

hi doc bob,

First of all, thanks a lot to you for the kind of support you have given to the humanity by your selfless and divine acts. sir,i am a classic example of AIDS phobia,as i am always scared of getting infected by HIV --in buses,in bathroom,on roads,in hotels and so on.one month back i went to a hospital to get my treatment for my fever.I had taken my own disposable syringe for taking the injection.I saw that the nurse there changed the needle with another one which was lying in a crate.when i resisted she told that this is a thinner one and injected me.after half an hour of that i got this gut feeling that she might have injected me with a contaminated needle.i went through your website and started PEP and today i am on the 26th day of the treatment.but this is not the end.meanwhile on the 15th day of starting PEP i went to another doctor to get the injection for fever(possibly typhoid).the doctor told me to sit aside and asked his nurse to bring the injection.then he called me and injected me.thanks to my already mad mind i am getting this feeling that this time also i was injected with a contaminated needle.

sir,i have to ask two things: 1.suppose the earlier exposure was real,and the second one is also real,should i go for another 15 days of PEP? 2.suppose the earlier exposure was not real and the second one is real,whether it is worth going for another 15 days of PEP?

i believe that i sound lunatic,but sir,please help me.

thank you,sir

I'll be brief. Thanks for your thanks, but yes, you do "sound lunatic!"

No one is trying to infect you with HIV. Consequently, I'm not going to suppose anything other than the fact that you need professional counseling to address your AIDS phobia and related irrational fears. I do not believe you should have taken PEP. Period. Get the help you need (psychological), not HIV drugs (PEP) that you don't!

Dr. Bob...Please Answer!
will die of fear of symptoms,not of HIV!