Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Important stuff was not mentinoned"Re:Not detectable=Negative?"
Dec 11, 2005

Dr.Bob, sorry it is me again, I don't know how to say it but I forgot to mention one fact which will make my previous question a bid unique from those gazilions ones http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Testing/Q170339.html

After the possible intercourse(unprotected oral insertive and protected vaginal) I went for a check up and the doctor found that my liver was enlarged(due to non-infectios hepatitus not A not B and not C somth called reactive one) so he prescribed some medications including intravenus medication and tablets to treat my enlarged liver, I was getting a lot of medication like Essentiale, mostly made of herbs for about 1.5 month, after that my liver became oK. so after that I got tested "not detectable" in another 1.5 month and I forgot to ask you .(I m 27years old)Could this liver treatment postpone the antibody detection after 3 months? please help ps: as a thank you I promise to donate a part from my upcoming Christmas bonus but please for God's sake reply thanks Mike

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mike,

No, the extra information you provide does not change my opinion of your negative status. Herbal products, like Essentiale, will not alter antibody production or HIV test results. By the way these products also have not been shown to be helpful for liver disease!

Relax, Mike, you're not HIV infected. I just can't make it any more direct than that.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Web MD scared the shit out of me please help will donate 100$ as a xmas present if you answer
Next
I know oral sex risk is low, but...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.