|OK - Yes. WW but quick questions (please)
Dec 7, 2005
In your experience how many situations are you aware of where someone seroconverted after six months post exposure?
How likely is it for a person to have a strong enough cellular (CTL ?) response alone to result in an undetectable viral load by PCR, bDNA, RNA, etc. say 3 to 4 months post exposure without a detectable antibody level (still EIA negative)? Also still Hep A/B/C negative.
I experienced foot pain from about two months post exposure to now 8 to 9 months afterwards. My foot pain has been diagnosed as idiopathic neuropathy by an internist thus far. And, of course, I also experienced a whole slew of ARS symptoms early on which have cleared except for the neuropathy, some fatigue and the occasional right side abdominal pain.
My questions were prompted by a bout of chest congestion / bronchitis that I have been fighting for over a month now with no fever. Coincidentally this infection has caused a flaring in my neuropathy.
OK I went longer than I thought. Its time I offered up a donation. Can I send via credit card?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. How many situations of late seroconversion am I aware of in my over-25 years of experience with HIV/AIDS? Well let's see . . . I can count them all on one hand and not even use most of the fingers!
2. How likely is it for a cellular response alone to result in nondetectable viral loads by PCR, bDNA, RNA and a negative EIA out to four months post-exposure? I've never seen this.
3. "Idiopathic neuropathy" is not HIV neuropathy. "A slew of ARS symptoms" is not HIV disease.
4. Thank you for your willingness to help others. Yes, credit card donations can be made on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
Stay well! HIV is not your problem!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.