Pricked by a chair

Three months ago I pricked my bottom sitting down on a chair in a bar. I did not bleed or have a deep cut or anything, I was wearing a white skirt and no blood had been shed in it or in my underwear. When I looked on the chair (i got up as soon as I was pricked), there was nothing sticking out of the cushion, nor was there blood.

After discussing possibilites of infection with my doctor, imaging it might be a tac or a broken element of the wood of the chair, she told me risks were low, but seeing my hypocondria, she gave me a paper for Hepc/HIV. She also told me to call at the bar.

I talked to employees of the place and they told me it was actually a screwnail uder the fabric of the chair and that it was thrown away, no signs of blood dryed on the fabric or whatever.

Knowing that I was lightly injured in this situation, should I worry? I have not been sleeping too well...

Although I know quite a number of folks who contracted HIV by getting their "bottom pricked at a bar," this is not applicable to your situation, because it was most likely a different kind of bar and definitively a different kind of "prick" that did the poking.

Should you worry? No, absolutely not.

Would I recommend HIV testing for this type of experience? No, absolutely not!

Should you get some counseling for your hypochondria and irrational HIV fears? Yep, I think that might well help.

Sleep well! Don't worry!

WORRIED SICK
richard