Questions in French

Dr. Bob, For the questions you get in French, would you mind translating to English? I think I'm missing some good stuff since I'm not a Frenchie! Thanks!

Hello Not-a-Frenchie,

I'm flattered that with the multitude of questions I post you would still be worried about missing some "good stuff" in the responses I post in French! However, I still feel that translating these questions is not worth the extra effort. I'll post a response to a similar question below. Besides my French need practice! So Francophones and Francophiles, if you want your question to move to the head of the line, écris-la en français!

À bientôt.

French? Nov 17, 2005

Hello Dr. Frascino!

I've been reading this board for a couple of months, and I find your replies both intelligent and witty. But every once in a blue moon, you reply in french. I know it is my own fault, I should have paid more attention during french lessons in school, but I just can't make any sense of it! So I was wondering if you could post your reply in english as well as french (Perhaps with a brief summary of the exposure)? Please? Stay cool! PS: Don't let all the hateful people get you down! Just think of those posts as a chance to see if that "delete"-button still works!

But if I translated all the French ones into English, why shouldn't I translate all the English ones into French as well? And what about the folks who only speak Swahili??? I think I better keep the format as is for now. Besides, it's never too late to review your high school French notes. "La plume de ma tante est sure la table." . . . . "Sur le Pont d'Avignon . . . ." "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir ?

I do promise that if I ever write anything in French that I haven't already covered in English, I'll translate it, O.K.?

Stay well! Au revoir!

can i woohoo?????
1 month after illness, 1 month to go