Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Questions in French
Dec 6, 2005

Dr. Bob, For the questions you get in French, would you mind translating to English? I think I'm missing some good stuff since I'm not a Frenchie! Thanks!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Not-a-Frenchie,

I'm flattered that with the multitude of questions I post you would still be worried about missing some "good stuff" in the responses I post in French! However, I still feel that translating these questions is not worth the extra effort. I'll post a response to a similar question below. Besides my French need practice! So Francophones and Francophiles, if you want your question to move to the head of the line, écris-la en français!

À bientôt.

Dr. Bob

French? Nov 17, 2005

Hello Dr. Frascino!

I've been reading this board for a couple of months, and I find your replies both intelligent and witty. But every once in a blue moon, you reply in french. I know it is my own fault, I should have paid more attention during french lessons in school, but I just can't make any sense of it! So I was wondering if you could post your reply in english as well as french (Perhaps with a brief summary of the exposure)? Please? Stay cool! PS: Don't let all the hateful people get you down! Just think of those posts as a chance to see if that "delete"-button still works!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

But if I translated all the French ones into English, why shouldn't I translate all the English ones into French as well? And what about the folks who only speak Swahili??? I think I better keep the format as is for now. Besides, it's never too late to review your high school French notes. "La plume de ma tante est sure la table." . . . . "Sur le Pont d'Avignon . . . ." "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir ?

I do promise that if I ever write anything in French that I haven't already covered in English, I'll translate it, O.K.?

Stay well! Au revoir!

Dr. Bob

Previous
can i woohoo?????
Next
1 month after illness, 1 month to go

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.