Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk Level
Nov 29, 2005

Hi Dr. Bob:

I think you do great work and I hope everyone appreciates your efforts. I do and plan to continue my support to your foundation.

I have two possible exposures that are worrying me. In both cases I paid for sex.

I do have a history of bleading gums after flossing.

1) Back in July I had protected intercourse on a very hot day. She was sweating quite a bit and I kissed and sucked her breasts and other parts of her skin but not her vaginal area.

2) About two weeks ago.... In this case I didn't think she looked too healthy (very thin) and I think she may have been a crack user based on her actions, the way she talked and even the taste of her skin. She also had a very bad cold and was coughing quite a bit. She was wearing thin panties and me, boxers.

In this case I didn't have intercouse but eventually just masturbated. We did however kiss a few times, I sucked her breasts, she was grinding on my lap and I noticed my penis was pertruding out of my boxers and rubbing against her anal & vaginal area. More importantly, I think, while kissing, her nose went into my mouth twice as she raised her head while I tried to kiss her forehead.

Now about 2 weeks later, I have a vague sore throat and feel a bit feavorish although I didn't take my temperature.

Can you advise on my risk level for each situation given the above? I plan to get tested soon for the first incidence and again in 3-4 months for the second so if I am positive I know from which incident.

Please help!!

Have a Happy Thankgiving....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Protected sex is "protected" if the latex condom was used properly and didn't fail. There is no HIV transmission risk from sweat.

2. Masturbation and frottage are not considered a significant risk for HIV transmission. Nose kissing is also not a problem.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanksgiving
Next
a callgirl and an exploding condom, eye scare..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.