Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

WOOHOOO! Worried Wells Please Read

Dear Dr. Bob,

No need to reply, just post this please: WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! Guys; I received my 3 month HIV1/2 ELISA test yesterday and guess what.it was NEGATIVE!!!!!! Thats right NEGATIV-O baby!!!!! Yeah! All right, now to the good part: All you worried wells out there, I sympathize with you.Ive been there: checking my tongue every time I went to the restroom, pinching my neck and armpits for swollen glands (that werent swollen at all I imagine), and doing all sorts of stupid things to convince myself that I had indeed contracted the HIV virus. I hate to sound like a broken record, but to quote Dr. Bobs wisdom: Symptoms dont equal HIV/AIDS. My exposure was protected oral and vaginal sex with a sex worker in Costa Rica. No biggie right? But heres the twist: We did it in a Jacuzzi..At first I didnt think much of it, until I started worrying about the effect hot water could have on latex condoms. Add to that the effect that I thought suds or that foamy soap used in hot tubs could have on a condom, and I had a recipe for disaster. After that, you guys know the drill.The internet was my new best friend. And the more I searched for reasons to be paranoid, the more I found them. So in conclusion, here are a few things Id like to say to all of you worried wells:

1. Dont try to self-diagnose your symptoms and match them to HIV. (Youre not a Doctor! Doc. Bob IS so heed his advice). SYMPTOMS dont equal HIV. No way. No How. 2. If you have doubts about your HIV status, GET TESTED. It is the hardest thing youll ever do, but no matter the out come of the test, youll know the truth, and the truth shall set you free! 3. If youre as paranoid about contracting HIV as I am, dont put yourself at risk (I know I wont ever again!). 4. Spread the word: HIV doesnt know color, religion, race, age, or how much money you have on the bank. Dont feel pity about HIV+ people, better yet, become an advocate for HIV awareness where ever you have the power to do so: at work, with your family, with friends. Dont let anyone make a stupid mistake just because of a good time (Overrated!)

Doc, Im from Guatemala, and in my country the disease is growing fast. I attribute it mostly to poor education and lack of awareness about it. Since you have been the only thing that has kept me going for the past 3 months (A God send angel!), I in return vow to do the following:

1. I will get involved with HIV groups here in Guatemala and help create awareness about the disease. 2. As soon as I find a job, make a donation to your foundation

This is the last time I visit this forum, thank you Doc for your sound words of advice, and to all you worried wells.kick in and ante up! We have our whole life ahead of us!!!

Peace!

X-Scared in GMT

Hello X-Scared in GMT,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your experience. Congratulations! And, um, just for the record, you're not the first guy to do it in a Jacuzzi. So your twist really isn't all that twisted.

Stay safe. Stay well, Jacuzzi-Guy.

HIVES
NEGATIVE TEST AT 2.5 WEEKS. DOCTOR SAYS FINE